Deepika Padukone is one of the most well-known Bollywood Indian actresses. She has appeared in a several number of films. When she was a child, she has inspired by her father and aspired to follow in her father Prakash Padukone’s footsteps and want to become a world-class badminton player.
But modelling supplanted Deepika Padukone aspirations of pursuing an athletic career. After starring in a Kingfisher calendar and some advertisements, Deepika Padukone, decided to go into acting. After that she became Supermodel in the modelling industry.
Deepika Padukone first movie was ‘Aishwariya’ which was her Kannada film. After that, she played a lead role in a Bollywood movie, which was her first Hindi film, ‘Om Shanti Om,’ launched her to fame.
After that movie, she did several Movies like “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani,” “Goliyon Ki Raasleela,” “Piku,” and “Bajirao Mastani”. These movies helped her to rise on the top of the Hindi film industry throughout the years.
A Hollywood movie with ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage,’ Deepika Padukone has made her first foray into the Hollywood world of action films. Actress Deepika Padukone earn more than $1 million a year.
|Age||37 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||5 January 1986|
|Full Name||Deepika Padukone|
Deepika Padukone Biography:
Deepika Padukone was born on 5 Jan 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark in a Hindu Brahmin family. Her father’s name is Prakash Padukone. Her father is a former Indian Badminton Player named Prakash Padukone and her mother named Ujjala Padukone is a travel agent.
Her family shifted to Bangalore when she was 11 months old. Deepika Padukone completed her primary and secondary education from the school, Sophia High School at Bangalore. After completing her secondary education, she enrolled herself into Mount Carmel College for her Graduation.
Deepika Padukone was a professional badminton player like her dad, in her early days. Deepika Padukone has also played badminton at National Level Championship but after some time she left her career in sports to pursue modelling as a profession.
She has appeared in the TV advertisement for soap brand Liril when she started to do advertisement. She gained so much recognition from that advertisement, and then she started to appear in many brands and advertisements.
Deepika Padukone is one of the top rated and highest paid Indian model-turned-actress who has gained national and international fame & recognition.
Deepika Padukone born in Denmark but raised in India since she was 11 months old. When she was a child, she aimed to become a World-class badminton player, like her father Prakash Padukone. However, she left sports career when she found her real interest in modelling, as a model.
Deepika Padukone has established her position as the supermodel of the india, country, she is walking high-profile ramp shows, gracing as the Calendar Girl for Kingfisher and doing a couple of ad films. Its done because of Deepika to take the next leap and start her career as an actor.
Deepika Padukone, Kannada film ‘Aishwariya’ marked her debut as an actor in south industry, her first Hindi bollywood film was ‘Om Shanti Om’. That movie ‘Om Shanti Om’ put her into limelight.
And then, she has established herself among the top actresses of Hindi cinema by giving some suprelative performances in films like: ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’, ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela’, ‘Piku’ and ‘Bajirao Mastani’.
She has also played an action lead role in the Hollywood with the action film ‘xXx: Return of Xander Cage’. Currently, Deepika Padukone is the highest-paid actress in the world.
Deepika Padukone Relationship and Boyfriends:
1. Deepika dated model and businessman Nihar Pandya for a short period of time, the couple broke up because of some reasons.
2. Deepika Padukone was romantically involved in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor, during the shooting of the movie Bachna Ae Haseeno in the year 2008, the couple separated in 2009 after one year of their relationship.
3. She then started to dating Siddharth Mallya, son of Liquor King Vijay Mallya. The couple caught news headlines when their kissing picture during an IPL match went viral on the internet and social media. The couple got separated after 2 years of their serious relationship.
4. During the making of the movie Goliyon Ki ‘Raasleela Ram-Leela’ in 2013, she fell in love with Ranveer Singh, her co-actor. The couple dated each other for 5 years and then the couple get married in November 2018 in traditional Sindhi and Konkani ceremonies in Italy.
Deepika Padukone Marriage/Husband:
Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh has decided to get married after Padmaavat movie, which was released in the year 2018. The venue of their wedding was, Villa del Balbianello in Lake Como, is a beautiful property that served as a monastery more than seven centuries ago. That is surrounded by its terraced gardens and features exquisite glass paintings and artefacts inside.
Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh has decided that honoured both their distinct cultures for their union. The guests made their way on a boat to the venue for the Konkani ceremony on 14 Nov, a fitting nod to Deepika Padukone’s south Indian roots.
The venue, they selected for their distinct culture wedding, was decked in thousands of white flowers flown in from Florence. The theme of that venue was even extended to the wedding party’s dress code, who all opted for white ensembles for the special occasion.
Deepika Padukone Movies:
- Aishwarya film in 2006
- Om Shanti Om film in 2007
- Bachna Ae Haseeno in 2008
- Chandni Chowk to China, Billu, Love Aaj Kal, and Main Aurr Mrs Khanna in 2009
- Karthik Calling Karthik, Housefull, Lafangey Parindey, Break Ke Baad, and Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey in 2010
- Dum Maaro Dum, Aarakshan, and Desi Boyz in 2011
- Cocktail in 2012
- Race 2, Bombay Talkies, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Chennai Express, and Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela in 2013
- Kochadaiiyaan, Finding Fanny, and Happy New Year in 2014
- Piku, Tamasha, and Bajirao Mastani in 2015
- XXX: Return of Xander Cage (a Hollywood movie) and Raabta in 2017
- Padmaavat and Zero in 2018
- Chhapaak in 2020
- 83 film in 2021
- Gehraiyaan, Brahmāstra: Part One – Shiva and Cirkus in 2022
- Pathaan, Jawan, Fighter and Project K are upcoming movies of Deepika in 2023
Deepika Padukone Awards:
Deepika Padukone has won 10 awards and nominated several times as of 2022.
- Filmfare Award in 2014
- Filmfare Award in 2008
- Filmfare Award in 2008
- Zee Cine Award in 2016
- Zee Cine Award in 2016
- IIFA in 2014
- IIFA in 2019
- IIFA in 2015
- IIFA in 2014
- Mirchi Music Award in 2020.
Deepika Padukone Controversy:
Deepika Padukone was in controversy when she was doing promotion of her movie Chhapaak. On 7 Jan 2020, she stood with the JNU students for the support because some goons attacked JNU students, and they injured seriously.
Deepika Padukone was in Delhi for the promotion of her most awiated movie Chhapaak, at that time. So that, people started to troll her on social media, appealing to boycott her movie Chhapaak.
Deepika was summoned by Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in the year 2021. The Padmaawat actress was questioned by NCB for several hours for some words used in WhatsApp chat back in the year 2017.
Deepika Padukone Net Worth:
Deepika Padukone has a huge fanbase on every social media platform, every day, Deepika’s fan base grows, and her success rate is also improving.
Deepika Padukone net worth is around USD 30 million, which is about 225 crore INR in Indian currency. She almost charges anywhere between Rs. 12 and 16 crores.
Deepika Padukone biggest source of income is the brand endorsements, for which she receives a whopping Rs. 8 crores in compensation for every endorsement. Her net worth has increased by 40% in every year as the report says.